Why instant messaging?
- Instant messaging is an immediate means of communication, allowing for quick and effortless exchange of information and data.
- Instant messaging simplifies communication, improves collaboration, expedites workflows, and increases productivity.
- Many of the apps that are used don’t meet legal data-privacy requirements and there is no strict separation between personal and professional communication.
What are the dangers of instant messaging?
- Many of the apps that are used don’t meet legal data-privacy requirements.
- There is no strict separation between personal and professional communication.
- This way, business documents can fall into the wrong hands.
- Violation of privacy laws can involve substantial penalties.
Why Threema Work?
- Threema Work provides a strict separation of personal and professional communication.
- Threema Work guarantees top-grade security and full compliance with current data-privacy standards.
- Threema Work offers priority support, SLAs, app customization, and Threema Gateway credits.
- Threema Work can be easily integrated into existing MDM systems.
- Threema Work can an also be used without MDM system.
- Made in Switzerland: Threema Work is created and maintained in Switzerland.
Is Threema Work compliant with Swiss and EU data-privacy standards?
As a Swiss company, Threema is subject to Switzerland’s strict “Federal Act on Data Protection” (DSG) and the accompanying “Ordinance to the Federal Act on Data Protection” (VDSG).
Based on Article 25, paragraph 6 of the EU’s Data Protection Directive, the domestic law in Switzerland is similar to the EU's legislation in regard to data protection.
As far as data protection is concerned, the transmission of data from the EU to Switzerland is therefore permitted by law and doesn't require further evaluation.
Purchase and Licensing
How do the different licensing models differ?
Threema Work offers three different licensing models, Basic, Business, and Enterprise, which cover any organization's needs.
Here is a comparison of the available licensing models.
Is it possible to upgrade a service package during active subscription?
Can the number of users be increased for an active subscription?
Can Threema Work be used as on-premise solution?
Can I try out Threema Work?
Rollout and user management
Subscription and user administration
- Manage licenses and users
- Define and edit credentials
- Request support
- Acquire additional licenses and packages
- Set an In-app logo
- Access Threema Gateway credits
Are credentials transferable?
How can I distribute Threema Work without an MDM system?
Unlock the desired number of users. Send the credentials to the intended users (for example by email or post), and ask them to download the Threema Work app. To activate the app, the users can then enter their credentials. That's it.
Threema Work can also be activated via URL action: Learn more.
Which parameters can be controlled using an MDM system?
Threema Work allows administrators to preconfigure the app to an extent which relieves end users almost entirely from setting up the app. Credentials, nicknames, linked email addresses and phone numbers can be parameterized. Contact synchronization, blocking of unknown contacts, and the backup password can be activated or deactivated by the administrator.
The configuration parameters that are available when using an MDM system are documented here.
Threema Work supports Android for Work (Android ≥5.0) and Managed App Configuration (iOS ≥8.0). The MDM systems Threema Work is compatible with include: MobileIron, Citrix XenMobile, wmware airwatch, IBM MaaS360, datomo, SOTI.